For projects focused on identifying or determining the feasibility of growth and opportunities by analyzing trends, access to capital and business structure.
Who should apply?
See “To apply you must”.
To apply you must
Be a minimum of one of the following:
- A processor business with less than 50 employees
- A new processor business (new entrant) that:
- Constitutes a legal person
- Is new to the food and agri-product processing industry and has business projections that demonstrate potential annual gross business income of $30,000 or more within three years of applying
- Files personal income taxes in Ontario
- Has not filed taxes of $30,000 or more in annual gross business revenue as a food or agri-product processing business in the two years prior to applying for funding
- Has a valid Premises Identification (PID) Number (if a processing facility is established)
Eligible activities and expenditures
- Third-party advisory costs for development of a business assessment, which can include performance benchmarks and sustainability assessments
Ineligible activities and expenditures
- Ongoing assessments that are a part of standard business practice
- Food safety assessments
- Product verification assessments
- Any activities or costs relating to outcomes of the assessment including, but not limited to, certification fees, legal fees, licenses, registration fees, investment or banking charges and fees
- Travel and meal costs
- In-kind contributions
- Activities and expenditures as detailed here
50 per cent, up to a maximum of $15,000
- Quote or proposal from a third-party organization or consultant, detailing services to be provided, outcomes and costs
Merit assessment criteria
Applications will be assessed against the extent to which:
- Project provides increased capacity to plan for and manage business growth, and to make strategic decisions as they relate to business goals
- Project helps address regional (e.g., northern), sector or community level needs
- Resources, experience and skills necessary to oversee and carry out the project are identified
- Project work plans are clearly defined and aligned to project goals
Other useful information:
If you are interested in applying as a new processor business (new entrant), contact OMAFRA at 1-877-424-1300 or email@example.com.
Edit date: November 4, 2019