Plant Pest Monitoring and Management Tools and Equipment – Plant Health Targeted Intake
of $2,500 per farm business location (unique Premises Identification Number)
Who should apply?
Producers whose corn crop or corn products (including feed and silage) have documented presence of DON at levels at or above 5 ppm.
To apply you must have
- Submit a copy of a test result for your corn crop or corn products that shows the presence of DON at a level of 5 ppm or more.
Eligible activities and expenditures
Costs incurred on or after October 12, 2018 and after receipt of a test result that shows the presence of DON at a level at or above 5 ppm in your corn crop or corn products, for:
- DON test kits (e.g. test strips, immunoassays, ELISA) up to maximum eligible costs of $25.00 per individual test kit (multiple kits may be purchased at same time)
- DON testing fees (including laboratory or elevator tests for farmer planning purposes only) -up to maximum eligible costs of $25.00 per test
- Testing Equipment:
- Equipment to process and prepare samples for DON testing (e.g., grinder, sample splitter, shaking apparatus, pipette device)
- Digital equipment for DON sampling and testing (e.g., weigh scale, scanner, timer, reading machine/DON tester, automated probes)
- Consumables For the direct purpose of DON sampling and testing (e.g., distilled water, pipette tips), including consumables to improve safety and reduce exposure (e.g., masks, gloves, safety goggles)
- DON reference materials to validate in-house testing
- Any eligible costs supported under this project category must have been directly incurred by the applicant and not claimed or covered by any form of insurance or by another party
Ineligible activities and expenditures
- All other activities and expenditures not outlined above are ineligible for this targeted intake
- In kind contributions
50 per cent, up to a maximum of $2,500 per Premises Identification (PID) number
- Copy of a test result for your 2018 corn crop or corn products from a 2018 corn crop, that shows the presence of DON at a level of 5 ppm or more
Merit assessment criteria
Degree of impact on:
- Addressing DON mycotoxin risks to plant and/or animal health
- Contributing information towards finding appropriate markets/uses for DON-affected corn
Other useful information
Applications will be accepted for the Targeted Intake beginning December 6, 2018. Intake close will be determined at a later time.
A farm business may submit one application per premise. Separate applications must be submitted for each valid Premises Identification (PID) number.
Costs for eligible project activities must be incurred, invoiced and paid for by the applicant after receipt of a test result for your 2018 corn crop showing 5 ppm or more, and between October 12, 2018 – October 31, 2019.
Eligible costs incurred, invoiced and paid for between October 12, 2018 and March 1, 2019 must be claimed by March 1, 2019.
Eligible costs incurred, invoiced and paid for between March 2, 2019 and October 31, 2019 must be claimed by October 31, 2019.
Applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Apply now! Can't apply online?
Edit date: March 5, 2019